Sensibill is lighting up the FinTech industry with mobile solutions that change the way people interact with their purchases and enable corporations to make critical insights. We are looking to expand our team with a Solution Architect to be front and centre with our clients.
We’re looking for a solution architect who would like to leave enterprise to work with a fast-paced start-up. We need a charismatic technical superstar to liaise with our financial services clients to define and develop solutions that incorporate Sensibill’s receipt management solution into the banking experience. Someone who will generate product and services proposals, identify and resolve clients’ technical concerns, and convey knowledge and confidence on the ease of integrating with our solution.
We need a solution architect who will speak with authority and have a point-of-view about the financial technology industry and digital receipt management. Someone who wants everyone to share a common vision of how the solution will solve the client’s business need, and wouldn’t think twice about picking up a stray receipt if it will help illustrate a concept. #streetreceipt.
As our new Solution Architect, you will:
- Design and develop innovative solutions that bring value to our clients.
- Collaborate closely externally with clients and internally with our project team to ensure delivery of a well-designed, effectively architected business solution.
- Be a key member of our Innovation team, designing prototype solutions for quick-development.
- Support technical responses to RFPs.
- Ensure customer requirements are added to our product roadmap.
- Liaise with third party system integrators that are building software for our customers.
- Handle technical due diligence requests such as security and performance reviews.
- Travel when required to cities across North America.
Who are you?
- A communication all-star. You know how to take information from the technical meetings (requirements gathering, solutions design, etc.) and present it in a succinct way that everyone understands and appreciates. You bring a mania for presentations that both please the eye and flow naturally from thought to thought.
- Solutions driven. You truly enjoy thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using interaction diagrams, flowcharts and system context diagrams to ensure everyone has a consistent understanding. You have JAD facilitation experience and you aren’t afraid to use it!
- A hurdle jumper. You’re attuned to spotting any obstacles in your path and providing whatever explanations, clarifications and follow-through to surmount them.
- The epitome of balance. You can power your way through a multi-page technical requirements document, or just as easily distill complex thoughts into a single slide. Collaborative and assertive, you relate to the both security junkies and business primes, alike. You are technical and creative. Detail oriented yet you see the big picture. An active team contributor and an independent worker. You strive for perfection and you are not afraid to make mistakes.
- A lover of hats. You want to wear a lot of them. You understand that in a start-up environment, everyone needs to do whatever it takes to meet deadlines and deliver promises. You bring with you a need for perfection and to uphold a reputation.
This is what you’ll have:
- 5+ years as a technical consultant or solution architect, working side-by-side with clients, developers and designers alike. You can lead a team, implement processes, and exceed expectations for deliverables. You are super-organized, a presentation superstar, and you strive for excellence in all things.
- 4+ years experience in software development, software architecture or systems analysis in a services-focussed company, ideally building user-facing custom applications.
- A range of collaborative methodologies and processes.
- Skills to break down intricate flows and algorithms into simple to follow diagrams and descriptions.
- Experience with mobile technology, RESTful web services, security, machine learning and SaaS solutions.
What are the three greatest things about Sensibill; outside of our incredible financial technology solution? We love pie. We are fun. We are guided by conscientiousness.
Our culture is like that perfect piece of pie; humble and delivers exactly what you expect. Why pie? That’s our acronym. We are all about passion, integrity, excellence. We like to have fun, and share the love. So for your birthday, we will treat you to a your favourite pie. Actually, we get a few of them so we can celebrate together.
Why join Sensibill?
Joining a start-up in the early days is pretty much the greatest adventure you can go on. We are lean, we are smart, we are fun, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour weeks here.
This is not a top-down culture. We want everyone’s input during critical decisions. To that end, if you have ideas, we want to hear them. Together we can build out and shape not just your role and your team, but our company. We want new core team members who want to invest in us the way we invest in them. We want your ideas, your energy, your skills, your dedication, and if you have any, we’ll take your #streetreceipts too.