Sensibill is lighting up the FinTech industry with mobile solutions that change the way people interact with their purchases and enable corporations to make critical insights. We are looking to expand our Research & Innovation team with a Product Manager to manage the rapid prototyping work performed by that team.
We need a Product Manager who is simultaneously creative and organized. Someone who has the expertise and knowledge to facilitate JAD sessions among developers and designers, and emerge with a plan for what to build and how to evolve the concept. Someone who can define something from nothing, and thrives on the ambiguity and the freedom it brings. We need a Product Manager who will continuously be looking and exploring other great apps out in the market to discover new patterns and solutions to solve user needs in magical ways … and who wants to do it in an energetic, start-up environment at the cutting edge of the #fintech industry.
As our new Product Manager, you will:
- Plan the product work performed by our Innovation team, and lead them in rapidly creating and iterating on prototypes to test new product concepts.
- Connect with our go-to-market team in Sales & Marketing to learn which concepts to prioritize based on client demand or market need.
- Build user stories that capture the key features of any MVP or SLC.
- Facilitate JAD sessions with the designers, data scientists, and developers from the Innovation team.
- Define the plan to build, test and iterate on solutions, and help keep things on track.
- Actively engage with the team to verify requirements are understood; review and advise on in-progress feature implementations.
- Entice and elicit outside-of-the-box solutions, straddling the familiar and the novel, and continuously looking for ways to satisfy end user goals.
- Discover and share new app experiences that bring delight and utility to end users, recognizing that the habit-forming, magical products are ones that marry the two.
- Strike a balance between fast and complete, functional and elegant, utilitarian and compelling.
- Lead by example, being passionate about finding ways to build engaging solutions to end-users’ jobs-to-be-done.
- Recruit end-users willing to try out early features and concepts, and regularly engage with beta users to solicit feedback.
- Continuously track our product’s performance against user adoption and usage KPI targets, and apply findings in product design and enhancements.
- Report to leadership: deliverables planned and completed for each iteration, concepts defined, the KPIs and resulting effects on the long-term roadmap.
So who are you?
- A product manager and an Agile advocate. You have 3-5 years of experience building user stories or journeys for user-facing software in a cloud-based SaaS or mobile solution.
- The voice of the end-user. You can articulate requirements from the perspective of users, manage requirements and features, with a focus on bettering the end-user's experience.
- A data interpreter. You will continuously look for ways to improve our key metrics and use engagement analytics, a/b testing, and interviews to inform our decisions around product and technical enhancements.
- A mobile user experience champion. You follow trends and leading best practices. You know why certain designs result in a great experience, and others fail.
- A wise decision maker. You have excellent instincts, sound business acumen, practical start-up and customer-facing experience, and the analytical savvy to weigh decisions using qualitative and quantitative data. You strive for balance across business value, client need, end-user desire, market expectation and user experience.
- A curator. You will gather and classify market problems and requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators.
- A translator. You will master translating business to technical needs and be the conduit of communication and hub of information.
- A cartographer. As the owner of the Innovation team roadmap, you will own everything to do with the requirements and must obsessively prioritize and balance sales proposal needs with the exploration of new concepts.
And this is what you'll have:
- A reputation for being a deep thinker, an avid researcher, a puzzle solver, and an all-around relationship builder.
- All of the strengths of an outstanding product manager: strong organizational skills, excellent communication (clear, concise and precise), strong analytical skills.
- A flexible yet focused approach.
- A range of collaborative methodologies and processes, preferably in an Agile environment.
- A passion for modern technology.
- An interest in the #fintech landscape.
Why should you join Sensibill?
We love pie. We are fun. We are guided by conscientiousness.
Our culture is like that perfect piece of pie; humble and delivers exactly what you expect. Why pie? That’s our acronym. We are all about passion, integrity, and excellence. We like to have fun, and share the love. So for your birthday, we will treat you to your favourite pie. Actually, we get a few of them so we can celebrate together.
Joining a start-up in the early days is pretty much the greatest adventure you can go on. We are lean, we are smart, we are fun, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour weeks here. This is not a top-down culture. We want everyone’s input during critical decisions. To that end, if you have ideas, we want to hear them. Together we can build out and shape not just your role and your team, but our company. We want new core team members who want to invest in us the way we invest in them. We want your ideas, your energy, your skills, your dedication, and if you have any, we’ll take your #receipts too.