Sensibill is lighting up the FinTech industry with mobile solutions that change the way people interact with their purchases and enable corporations to make critical insights. As we continue our growth in Canada and around the world, we are looking to expand our Product Development team with a detail oriented and dynamic Scrum Master.
We’re looking for a Scrum Master who is excited about coaching and enabling our cross-functional product team to maximize their effectiveness and meet their commitments. Someone who can mobilize a team, empower each individual, and creatively encourage solutions to problems. At Sensibill, we bring structure to unstructured data; we need someone who can bring structure to our processes and continuously refine and optimize them. If you are a Scrum Master seeking the chance to make an impact on a company, a solution, and the end users, and who wants to do it in an energetic, start-up environment at the cutting edge of the #fintech industry, this is the opportunity for you.
As our new Scrum Master, you will…
- Be the Product Owner’s right-hand (wo)man. You will own the process so that the Product Owner can focus on building the best product.
- Tailor and tune. Not all teams work most effectively in the same way. You will help each team find an agile approach that works best for them.
- Coach the cross-functional teams -- design, development and QA, and help them do their best work by eliminating barriers.
- Set, rinse, repeat. It’s rare to find the perfect process on the first try. You will run regular retrospectives to continuously improve and maximize efficiency.
- Smooth the road ahead. Anticipating potential problems, identifying and articulating dependencies and risks, and mitigating issues before they arise.
- Scrum, scrum, scrum and scrum again. Whether you lead them, or that’s a rotating responsibility, you make sure they are attended, short, and effective.
- Champion getting the job done. It’s not about cutting corners. It is about making smart decisions and using time well to meet commitments.
This is who you are...
- An enabler. You recognize that the Scrum Master is in service to the team. Your power is not in telling them what to do, but in encouraging them to identify impediments and discover within themselves ways to clear them.
- A relationship guru. You build relationships, gain trust, and become a trusted advisor to the Product Owner and to the team. You know how to facilitate conversations and resolve conflicts.
- Obsessive about commitments. You believe your word is your honour and hold others to the same standard. If you say you will do something, the team can trust it will get done. If the team commits to something, you will work relentlessly to help them find a way to meet that promise.
- A pragmatist, not a purist. You have a pretty big toolkit of techniques and know-how for how to make agile work for enterprise-grade software development. You can teach the correct way of implementing Scrum processes, but you can also adapt the processes based on feedback and retrospectives.
- A cheerleader and a captain. You know the best way to motivate is through communicating why the work matters, its impact to the company and to others on the team. With the product owner, you shield the team from noise and help them to stay focused on their tasks.
This is what you bring...
- A post-secondary degree in business, technology, or a related field from a recognized institution, or sufficient work experience to offset its absence.
- 2+ years of experience in the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently in its application of Scrum.
- 1-2+ years of experience working on enterprise-grade software, and understanding of the differences in release frequency and expectations of feature completeness.
- First- or second-level Scrum Master certification (CSM/CSP, PSM I/II).
- Good knowledge of servant leadership, techniques for filling gaps in Scrum to handle bugs, retrospectives, improve burndown, other Agile methodologies (e.g., Kanban, SAFe)
Why should you join Sensibill?
We love pie. We are fun. We are guided by conscientiousness.
Our culture is like that perfect piece of pie; humble and delivers exactly what you expect. Why pie? That’s our acronym. We are all about passion, integrity, excellence. We like to have fun, and share the love. So for your birthday, we will treat you to your favourite pie. Actually, we get a few of them so we can celebrate together.
Joining a start-up in the early days is pretty much the greatest adventure you can go on. We are lean, smart, fun, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour weeks here. This is not a top-down culture. We want everyone’s input during critical decisions. To that end, if you have ideas, we want to hear them. Together we can build out and shape not just your role and your team, but our company. There is an opportunity here. We want new core team members who want to invest in us the way we invest in them. We want your ideas, your energy, your skills, your dedication, and if you have any, we’ll take your #streetreceipts too.